Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Daily Struggle

Why is food so amazing? I wish eating could be merely an indulgence and not a life requirement. Something you could occasionally partake of but ultimately live without. Like going to the movies or 1,200 thread count Egyptian cotton sheets. Unfortunately for me, food and I have a love/hate relationship. I love it, but it hates me. So with the rest of my new year changes I'm joining the ranks of the get in shape club. I've started to moderate my food intake and limit those truly dangerous sweets. So far I'm doing alright.
What I'm also starting is a "Walk your First 1/2 Marathon" program on the treadmill. So I actually went and bought a pair of real life, grown up, professional runner's shoes (the good kind, promise.) They cost more than any of my other shoes, and I have plenty of shoes. However it's made very obvious how they can charge that much after you've used them. What I don't like is how people keep throwing around the word "run" just because they're "running" shoes. WALK people, ok. I'm WALKING my first 1/2 marathon. Baby steps, c'mon.
So the plan is to lose at least 1 pant size in 1 month. Hopefully that goes well, but we'll see. Now we just need to get Chris to eat some lettuce once in awhile. Or at least just not a constant intake of pizza and grilled cheese sandwiches. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment